The Start of a Great School Year
We have so many new and exciting additions to our already remarkable curriculum. Our students will be so thrilled to hear that:
- We will have at least one young Israeli on staff to bring the language, food, music, geography, culture, and history to our students and families on Sunday mornings. Each grade will have a family experience to bring Israel right to them. If a family would like to host an Israeli for 4 months let me know and I will provide details. It would be a wonderful opportunity!
- Our primary grades will have several events with our librarian, Sandy Crain. She will be taking an element from each grade’s curriculum and then introduce a story or book that will help the students further explore the topic. Students will enjoy a creative project with her as well.
- Cantor Alison will be teaching our students wonderful new songs and melodies during the school year. These will help to teach contemporary songs and enrich prayers.
We welcome three new teachers to our Faculty Family. Each of these Master Teachers joins us after decades of successful teaching at other Synagogues. We are very fortunate to bring them here:
- Hilary Kalb, who has been teaching in our Hebrew High for many years, will be our new third grade teacher. Wendy Isaac has moved to level one Hebrew.
- Jamie Moses and Brenda Reiss will be part of our Hebrew Team in levels two and three.
One change we sadly had to make is to abandon our bagel sale on Sunday mornings. We could not find a parent volunteer to come early to sell them. Please make sure your children have breakfast before coming to school on Sunday mornings.
This is going to be a fabulous year. I am so excited and I hope your children are too. We look forward to providing them, once again, with an absolutely amazing educational experience!